Sunday 26 May 2013

PROLOGUE

So here is where my story starts from….

Just after complete four years I realized that yes she’s the same. This night unlike all other I was unable to sleep.  Trust me this had never happened to me before.  Tear droplets falling down my eyes were questioning me, wind blowing outside windows made me felt her essence, I can still recall my heartbeat running twice than normal. It could have been a very usual date of 14th Jan 2008 to many but to it was the first & last 14th January of its kind.

To tell what this feeling has served me today,  very few sentences will be good enough. I am what today because of the beautiful January. No doubt that January already has been my favourite for many other reason too, few among them will be ours too & of everyone else of course. The new Oath you take the very first day of January for the complete year, you set your goals, you wipe out your old sin, confess in front of god. January has been always reckoned worldwide not merely because is the beginning of the year but cause is a beginning of many more beautiful things. One among them is I, not to joke but yes it’s my birthday month too.

I can hardly but strongly recall that it was 8:30 pm when I called her, was not the first call of course but never realized that it is my 37th call to her. To be very frank, I was really afraid to hear her father when someone hangs up the phone. So what now, like every Indian love stories, a bug, yeah there was a sudden knock-knock at my door, good enough to annoy me with dizzy feelings? Expecting my room mate I ordered him to push the door & pull it back to open it with loosely married locks. Neverthless it was my neighbour who will for sure take the start of the story to 9pm, making me expecting her father on call for sure now. After 20 minutes of useless talk, I managed to get rid off him. Now it was too late considering our regular talk to call her, may sound odd but ofcourse her family switches off the light by 08:45pm with her father sleeping with his only mobile girlfriend & her stupid landline crying in the lull.  But when you’re under such a critical condition, you were left with no option but to go crazy.

Yeah it was her, “Hello, Is this you? Are you Mad? You know right its 9pm & its midnight for my father. You are going to kill me too.” Firing a bullets of questions on me, “Hey, Are you really going to awake your father when he’s still asleep even with this agitating phone, Hunn..?”. “I’m Sorry, I was longing for your call since last 5 days, you know. Why didn’t you called me?” She said. “I wasn’t having enough money to recharge my mobile, my father was to credit it yesterday but he did it today just like yours”, I answered in taunting manner.

Even with 25 minutes of junk talk, I was unable to put my point; with my rapidly reducing mobile balance the time had now come to at least initiate the talk. It was never very easy to propose a girl even for a comic Romeo while I was a real-living character. The point which adds to this was I never ever had seen her after we were in love. “I would like to say you something today, promise me you won’t cry. Please Please”, While it was also in mind that I’m running low in balance. While she was in straits, I was under basket case. I thought nothing neither waited for approval but “I love You, I’m in Love with you” that’s what I fleeted. A big Pause adding to my phone bill alongwith my accelerating heartbeat made me little more anxious.  “Yes, but we shouldn’t go beyond our friendship, didn’t we promise that? “ was her most expected reply.





No comments:

Post a Comment